With our Scratch newspaper initiative we went and found out what God has already done in our world. It is available in online format.
Find what we have found at Scratch – What God has already done in our country.
If you want find out more about SCRATCH please also contact us.
Here are our bank details if you want to help us cover the costs of printing the paper, or to finance upcoming projects of SCRATCH:
Donations can be made to SCRATCH at our Nedbank account, number 107 781 0016, branch Cresta, with branch code 191 305. For international donations our SWIFT code is NEDSZAJJ191305.
Why do we want to know what God has done in our country already? What is it? What do we want from this research?
Scratch newspaper shown us the world beyond our words.
It is holding out to you moments of stillness where we hope to flood you with things you’ve forgotten you need; things the world has drained from you. Hope. Peace. A place beyond ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, where we hope you will hear something different. That you are loved. That you’re not alone. That there’s wholeness, freedom, a point to it all. Assurance – for today, and forever. And we HAD to put it in a newspaper – because, well, you will agree THAT IS NEWS. Solid, life-changing news. Of new life. Of freedom, joy, sufficiency. Of being and having much more than you’ve ever imagined.
In our Scratch newspaper initiative we have found the simple news is that God wants to have a close relationship with you. It’s what His Word, the Bible is full of. It’s what He calls out for across the world. If you don’t (yet) believe us you will want to tune in and follow us to see the evidence!
And as we prayerfully engage with Jesus, asking for His involvement in our world, He changes everything. Often He does much more than we thought of asking…
- Understand the questions that beset our communities, because we have the answer in Jesus.
Foundation & Mandate
- 1 John 1:4 (NLT) We are writing these things so that you may fully share our joy.
- 1 Peter 3:15 (NKJV) …and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear…
- Acts 8:4-8 (NKJV) … those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word. Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralysed and lame were healed. And there was great joy in that city.
- Eph 3:20 Ephesians 3:20-25 (AMP) Now to Him who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do super-abundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams], to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever.
- Eph 6:15 (AMP) And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.
What do we do through Scratch?
- Tell THE good news. Be church. Live our faith.
- Speak and spread the Word – God confirms his word…with everything that entails, based on what the word promises.
- SCRATCH initiatives are a door-opener for the church and its friends across the body for preaching the gospel – an evangelism stage; to
- Teach people to see with their conscience, their hands and feet, not just their eyes; see corporately, not just individually; see Jesus.
- Clarify in every project that the gospel is about Jesus, his crucifixion and resurrection – and how that makes life possible today.